Mankind has fouled its nest. Our indiscriminate disposal of our toxic byproducts of society has brought us loads of health problems. Including cancer. Could toxins be your problem?
Of the 10 million tons of toxic substances released annually by industry around the world, 2 million tons are probable carcinogens. Of the 80,000 chemicals in use in the USA, 60,000 were released without any data on safety in humans. The burden of proof rests on society to prove something is hazardous. Not easy to do when you realize that asbestos was approved by the Environmental Protection Agency, because they could not prove that asbestos was toxic. Asbestos has been banned in most developed countries, but still used in many developing countries and now kills at least 255,000 people each year around the world.
43% of Americans breathe air that is unsafe, according to the American lung association. We add 1 billion pounds of pesticides to our food crops annually. Of the 3000 food additives in the American food supply, FDA has no knowledge of at least 1000 of these, due to loopholes in the law via “generally regarded as safe” or GRAS status. 70% of Americans drink tap water that, by law, must contain fluoride, a known poison.
And we haven’t even started on the issue of synergism. With toxins, 1 + 1 might equal 500 or more. Professor Ershoff in 1976 fed rats a low fiber diet along with various combinations of FDA approved food additives: 2% of diet sodium cyclamate, and/or FD&C red dye #2, and/or polyoxyethylene sorbitan monostearate.
Group 1, 2 and 3 of the rats were fed only one of the above additives. Results were unremarkable. Group 4 was fed sodium cyclamate with red dye #2. The results were weight loss, hair loss, and diarrhea. Group 5 was fed all 3 food additives with the results being extensive weight loss, then death of all animals by day 14.
Very few of the chemicals that we are exposed to have been tested for safety. NONE of the chemicals are tested in combination, as above. And we wonder why we have a cancer epidemic on our hands.
The American Cancer Society and American Medical Association agree that toxins are a main cause of many illnesses in western society, from Parkinson’s, to cancer, to birth defects, autoimmune diseases, and more. In order to heal, you need to address the issue of the toxins that surround us, how to avoid them, and how to eliminate the toxins in your body.
Could Toxins Be Your Problem?
The Environmental Working Group conducted a study examining the placental blood of 10 newborn babies randomly chosen from a Red Cross national cord blood collection program…not because the mothers worked near any chemicals. Of the 287 different chemicals detected in the newborn’s cord blood, 180 cause cancer and 217 cause nervous system problems.
Included in this hit parade of poisons was pesticides, mercury, Teflon, Scotchgard, and wastes from coal, gasoline, and garbage. In newborns. Imagine what is in your body, unless you make a concerted effort to limit your intake of toxins and make a heroic effort at eliminating the toxins already in your body.
There is a Great Pacific Garbage Patch with at least 80,000 tons of discarded plastic covering an area of 620,000 square miles, or twice the size of Texas in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Plastic has found its way into the food chain of fish. By 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish. We need to do something. Quickly.
Brain tumors are the leading cause of death among childhood cancers. Nothing is more gut wrenching than watching a bald child on TV soliciting donations for the hospital.
Meanwhile, researchers studied 540 children with brain cancer and found that the more processed meats (bacon, sausage, salami, bologna) with nitrosamides mother ate while pregnant, the higher the risk for brain tumor in the child. Taking prenatal supplements lowered, but did not eliminate, the brain cancer risk when eating processed meat.
Glyphosate (Roundup) is an herbicide first patented in 1964 to clean boiler pipes. Glyphosate was patented again in 1974 as an herbicide, then again in 2003 as an antibiotic. The World Health Organization has listed glyphosate as a “probable carcinogen”, which was instrumental in a jury awarding a patient with non-Hodgkins lymphoma $289 verdict against Monsanto, the manufacturer. A couple was recently awarded $2 billion for the cancer they contracted from Roundup use. There are over 12,000 cases pending against Bayer/Monsanto for Roundup-induced cancer. 95 million pounds of glyphosate are used annually in the US.
Toxins could be categorized as:
- Volatile organic chemicals, from industry and agriculture
- Drugs, prescription and recreation
- Fungal by products, e.g. aflatoxin
- Heavy metals, including mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, aluminum and other metals
- Auto-intoxication, as by products from our gut, especially for those with an imbalance in gut microbiome
- Electromagnetic fields, cell phone towers, WiFi, high voltage power lines, radar, etc.
- Radiation, X-rays, radioactive fallout, sunlight, etc.
Toxins are known to affect many parameters of the human body, from immune suppression, to hormone disruptors, to DNA mutagens, and more.
To beat cancer, you must initiate a serious detoxification program.
Let’s keep this simple. Here are my recommendations:
- Eat organic. If you eat commercial produce that does not have a peeling (grapes, spinach), then soak the food before consuming it.
- Drink lots of purified water. Buy a water purifier for your kitchen tap and use stainless steel or glass drinking bottles.
- Make sure that you eat enough fiber to have daily bowel movements.
- Use simple products. Glass, stainless steel. Avoid Teflon and aluminum cooking utensils. Use simple soaps, cosmetics and anything that comes in contact with your body. Question any expensive or unnecessary substance being applied to your body. For example, 61% of lipsticks tested contained lead. Use clean, simple, natural products.
- Replace mercury fillings with non-mercury amalgams.
- Avoid areas of high voltage. Use the speakerphone or ear buds feature on your cell phone. Use an EMF meter to learn about hot spots in your home and workplace.
- Use a sauna or far infrared sauna to sweat and detoxify your body.
- Take detox supplements that help to clean the liver, such as cilantro and silymarin.
- Do what you can to clean up your corner of the world. We need to improve our stewardship of this garden planet we are fortunate to occupy. Good planets are hard to come by.